Thursday, January 2, 2014

Kathmandu- January 2, 2014

Today was the day most people were supposed to arrive so we had a free day in Thamel to shop.  Which we did!  I found some scarves, one for me and two nice ones for my mom and Astrid.  I also got my dad a funky hat and will plan to get my brother something and Kate a scarf.  I got a ‘tree of life’ bag too.  I was scoping out the big waterproof ‘Nepal Face’ bags but didn't end up purchasing one yet.  We ate lunch and met Geoff, our TA, on the way so had him come along.  It was a long slow lunch (Nepali time) and then we strolled around Garden of Dreams which I remember because it is such a beautiful peaceful place surrounded by the chaos of the city.  After dinner, Hilda and I booked our flight to Pohkara (hoping for clear skies on the days we fly later in January!) and the others booked their Everest flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment